Congratulations to the makers of “Picture Us“, which has won Best VFX (Hon. Mention) at the Tokyo International Film Festival.
“Picture Us” is an animated short set inside an art gallery, in which two old master paintings fall in love. Picture Us was written and directed by Tom Perry and produced by Charlotte Ann Gimbird. This is its first film festival award.
“Picture Us” is a new short film created by third year animation students at Escape Studios, studying the Art of Computer Animation. “Picture Us” is set inside an art gallery, in which two old master paintings fall in love.
“Picture Us” is a short film about set in an art gallery about the meeting of two star struck lovers. A rustic country boy falls in love with a glamorous lady in a painting across the art gallery. Can our hero succeed in being united with the girl he loves?
“Picture Us” was animated in Maya, edited in Premiere, and rendered in Unreal Engine.
Picture Us Credits
- Tom Perry – Writer, Director, Storyboard Artist, Rigger
- Charlotte Ann Gimbird – Producer, Editor
- Molly McCabe – Unreal Engine Lead, Visual Development, Technical Director, Animator
- Oluwasesi “Shessy” Idowu – Animator
- Eliezer Girma – Character Designer, Animator
- Liam Mann – Animator, Unreal Engine TD, Technical Co-Director
- Joshua-Ibrahim De Guzman – Storyboards, Animator
- Jerome Oduro – 3D Modelling
- Louis Chevis – Animation Lead
- Ekeoma Amuchie – Lighting
- Michal Bereznicki – Assistant Editor
- Eric Zhou – Sound Designer
- Harrison Bell – Animator, Environment Modeller
Escape Studios Tutors
Picture Us was overseen by animation tutor Paul Harrison.
Best VFX (Hon. Mention) at the Tokyo International Film Festival.
A special thank you to our industry partners – Juani Guiraldes and Felipe de Lanteuil from ILM, and also Will Lloyd-Cook, animation director at Blue Zoo, for all their generous feedback and support throughout the project.