Mark Spevick is one of our most experienced VFX tutors at Escape Studios.
Mark is our Head of Industry Training at Escape Studios, and combines teaching with working in industry, most recently at Framestore, one of the UK’s leading VFX houses.
Mark Spevick has many years of experience working both in industry and in higher education and teaching. Mark Spevick started his career at Peerless Camera, the production house co-owned by Terry Gilliam, working on ‘Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas’ and ‘The Imaginarium of Dr Parnassus’.
Mark Spevick also worked with director Martin Campbell on “Zorro” and “Mask of Zorro” before supervising on the set of ‘Casino Royale’. Mark also managed the CG team that worked on the parachute scene in ‘Angels and Demons’, on behalf of post-house Double Negative. Mark was also heavily involved in the design and development of our undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
Tutors at Escape Studios
To meet some of the other animation and VFX tutors at Escape Studios, follow the links below:
Meet the Animation Team
- Meet Escape Studios’ Animation Dept
- Meet Your Tutors – Concept Artist Enrico Buffa
- Amedeo Beretta = Animator and 3D Generalist
- Marc Stevenson – Animator
- Paul Harrison – Animator and 3D Generalist
- Steve Sole – Character Design
- Iliana Franklin – Storyboards
- Matteo Sanna – 3D Animation
- Lee Caller – 3D Animation (MA & Short Course)
The Escape Studios Animation Blog offers a personal view on the art of animation and visual effects. To find out more about our BA/MArt courses, now recruiting for September 2022, follow this link. To apply, visit the official page here.