Congratulations to the makers of the VFX short “Post Mortem” which has won “Best VFX” at the Eastern European Film Festival (EEFF).
Post Mortem was directed by Toby Haslam and Ridma Suriyagoda, and produced by Aidan Callaghan, who was also the 3D Lead. Scott Middleton was the 2D Lead.
Post Mortem takes place in a futuristic secure facility, where a surgeon performs an autopsy on a mysterious patient. This is Post Mortem‘s fourth festival award.
You can watch Post Mortem below:
Post Mortem is set in a secure facility, where a surgeon performs an autopsy on a mysterious patient. As we travel through the operating theatre, we realise the patient is rather less human than it first appeared.
Third Year Group Project
Group project work at Escape Studios aims to reproduce as closely as possible the real-world experience of working in a VFX studio.
“Post Mortem” Credits
|Post Mortem team|
Post Mortem was completed by a team of Eleven VFX artists, working together to create a short film.
- Toby Haslam – Director, Original Score
- Ridma Suriyagoda – Director
- Aidan Callaghan – Producer, 3D Lead
- Scott Middleton – 2D Lead
- Mason Hilligen – 3D Artist, FX Artist
- Amandeep Kukreja – 3D Artist
- Daniel Di Stasi – 3D Artist, FX Artist
- Koren Morgan – 2D Artist, Editor
- Will Moss – 2D Artist, Editor
- Safa Alkassab – 2D Artist
- Rahul Karavadra – 2D Artist
|Post Mortemwins“Best VFX” at the EEFF|
You can find Post Mortem at the IMDB here.
The Escape Studios VFX Blog offers a personal view on the art of visual effects.