Many congratulations to the makers of “The Crash”, a short VFX film created by students at Escape Studios, which has won “Best 60-Second Short” at the Fortean Film Festival.
“The Crash“is a short film created by VFX students at Escape Studios, combining live action and VFX. “The Crash“ was written and directed by Lewys Rhodes, and produced by Daniel Rowe. The supervising tutors were Allaar Kaasik (compositing) and Jonathan McCall (3D).
- Lewys Rhodes – Writer and Director
- Daniel Rowe – Producer
- Benjamin Stevuliak – DOP, Editor, Colour Grading
- Jan Stevuliak – Original Music and Sound Design
- Filipe Correia – Compositing Supervisor
- Ben Noone – 2D compositing
- Best 60-Second Challenge at the Fortean Film Festival
- Best VFX at Art Film Awards
- Best Trailer at the Vesuvius Film Festival
- Best Trailer at the Onyko Film Festival
- Best Trailer at the Halicarnassus Film Festival
- Audience Favourite Award at the UK Student Film Festival
- Best Micro Short at the Dreamachine Film Festival
- Best Short Sci-Fi at the Berlin Flash Fest
- Best Super Short at the UK Film Fest
- Honourable Mention at The Rookies in the category of Best VFX Film.
|The Crash Best Short Sci-Fi at Berlin Flash Fest|
The Crash at the IMDB
You can find The Crash at the official website.
The Escape Studios VFX Blog offers a personal view on the art of visual effects.