Many congratulations to the makers of “The Crash”, a short VFX film created by students at Escape Studios, which has won an award for “Best Two Minute Challenge” at the Wild Indie Film Festival.
“The Crash“ is a sci-fi VFX short written and directed by Lewys Rhodes, and produced by Daniel Rowe. The Crash has won many festival awards.
The Crash – Advert (Short Film) from Lewys Rhodes on Vimeo.
“The Crash“is a short film created by VFX students at Escape Studios, combining live action and VFX. “The Crash“ was written and directed by Lewys Rhodes, and produced by Daniel Rowe. The supervising tutors were Allaar Kaasik (compositing) and Jonathan McCall (3D).
In The Crash, a gigantic spaceship crashes towards earth – but things are not quite as they appear.
The Crash – Credits
- Lewys Rhodes – Writer and Director
- Daniel Rowe – Producer
- Benjamin Stevuliak – DOP, Editor, Colour Grading
- Jan Stevuliak – Original Music and Sound Design
- Filipe Correia – Compositing Supervisor
- Ben Noone – 2D compositing
The The Crash has won many festival awards:
- Best Two Minute Challenge at the Wild Indie Film Festival
- Best VFX (Hon. Mention) at the Athens International Film Festival
- Best 60-Second Challenge at the Fortean Film Festival
- Best VFX at Art Film Awards
- Best Trailer at the Vesuvius Film Festival
- Best Trailer at the Onyko Film Festival
- Best Trailer at the Halicarnassus Film Festival
- Audience Favourite Award at the UK Student Film Festival
- Best Micro Short at the Dreamachine Film Festival
- Best Short Sci-Fi at the Berlin Flash Fest
- Best Super Short at the UK Film Fest
- Honourable Mention at The Rookies in the category of Best VFX Film.
|The Crash Best Short Sci-Fi at Berlin Flash Fest|
The Crash at the IMDB
You can find The Crash at the official website.
The Crash is also listed at the IMDB here.
You can also find The Crash here at the Rookies.
The Escape Studios VFX Blog offers a personal view on the art of visual effects.