Congratulations to the makers of Giles and Rupert’s Prehistoric Predicament, which has won another festival award – Best Trailer at the Robinson Film Awards.
Giles and Rupert’s Prehistoric Predicament is a teaser/trailer for an original animated TV series created at Escape Studios by director Toby Haslam and producers Samia Chowdhury and Georgia Baird. Giles and Rupert are Victorian inventors whose time machine invention goes horribly wrong – creating a world of Jurassic trouble.
Giles and Rupert’s Prehistoric Predicament was originally created as part of CR4002 and PR4001, two first year modules in which students first create an original idea for a TV series, and then turn it into an animatic – a filmed version of the storyboard.
Collaboration with MA Students
Later, director Toby Haslam collaborated with our short course and master’s degree animation students to complete the trailer, with oversight from animation tutor Lee Caller.
Giles and Rupert’s Prehistoric Predicament was edited in Premiere, Animated in Maya and rendered in Arnold.
- Toby Haslam, Director, Storyboard Artist, Modeller, Texture artist
- Samia Chowdhury – Producer, Animator
- Georgia Baird – Co-Producer, Animator
- Paul Strachan – Modeller
- Christian Millado – Modeller
- Tobiloba Ipaye – Modeller
- Michael Davies – Modeller, Rigging
- Pietro Mingione – Animator
- Ines Portela – Animator
- Margherita Sartor – Animator
- Irene Garcia De La Morena – Animator
Below you can see the animatic – the original filmed version of the storyboard.
Giles and Rupert’s Prehistoric Predicament has won many awards:
- Best Trailer at the Robinson Film Awards
- Best Trailer at the Golden Eagle Indie Festival Awards
- Best Trailer at the Future of Film Awards festival
- Best Trailer at the Onyko Film Awards
- Best Trailer at the Art Film Awards
- Best Trailer at Vesuvius Film Festival
- Best Animated Film at the Milan Gold Awards
The Escape Studios VFX Blog offers a personal view on the art of visual effects.