Many congratulations to the makers of “Little Gestures”, which has won the Best Cine-VFX award in the Global University Film Awards (GUFA) 2022, with a cash prize of $10,000.
This is the latest award for “Little Gestures”, a short story about an artist’s maquette which comes to life.
The film was directed by Richard O’Hanlon and Daniel Brand-Sinyinza, and produced by Nickoel Izharudin and Dominic Strachan.
Little Gestures – Official Vimeo Showcase
|The artists’ apprentice makes its mark|
In PR6001 our animation students and VFX students combine forces to produce a short film combining live action and animation, shooting live action plates and then integrating these with animation, tracking the assets to create a seamless composite.
- Richard O’Hanlon – Director
- Daniel Brand-Sinyinza – Co-Director, Animator
- Nickoel Izharudin – Producer, Lead Animator
- Dominic Strachan – Co-Producer, Editor
- Clement Gharini – Director of Photography
- Cameron Shanks – VFX Supervisor, 2D VFX Lead
- Harvey Osborne – 3D VFX Lead
- Tequila Mason – Animator
- Eilin Berrio Pena – Animator
- Karla Rojas Tarazon – Animator
- Niki Varela – Animator
- Best Cine-VFX award in the Global University Film Awards (GUFA) 2022, with a cash prize of $10,000
- Best VFX at the Art Film Awards
- Best VFX at the Tokyo Film Festival
- Best VFX at Argenteuil Fest
- Best No Budget at the DSFF
- Best Student Director at the Golden Nugget Film Festival
- “Five Stars Award” at the BIAFF
- Honourable Mention in the category of Best Director at the Athens Film Festival
- “Best Super Short” at the Vesuvius International Film Festival in Naples.
The Escape Studios VFX Blog offers a personal view on the art of visual effects.