|Chrissy Metge at Escape on 23 Nov 2022|
Escape Studios is delighted to welcome back animation & VFX producer Chrissy Metge to Escape Studios for “An Evening With…” event on Wednesday 23rd November at 5pm.
Chrissy is an Executive Producer at DNEG Animation; she started her career as an animator, before moving into production. Her talk is titled “From Animator to Producer”, and Chrissy will talk about her career and the many possible roles available in the Creative Industries.
Chrissy is an experienced producer, and also creative director at Fuzzy Duckling Media and Duckling Publishing. Chrissy has worked in the animation film and TV industry for 18 years, and has film credits on many movies, including VFX blockbusters The Hobbit, Ironman 3 and Hunger Games 2. You can see Chrissy’s full list of credits at her IMDB page here.
Where and When
A growing number of Escapees have gone to fill animation, games & VFX production roles in the animation industry in recent years:
|Olivia Unwin, producer at Framestore|
- Nickoel Izharuddin, Production Co-ordinator at MPC
- Lydia Layton, CG Dept manager at Cinesite
- Angie Cajigas VFX co-ordinator at Cinesite
- Maddison Gould, production assistant at Playstation
- Katerina Zacharakis, production assistant at Playstation
- Olivia Unwin, Production Assistant at Framestore
- Duncan Guymer, Producer at Sliced Bread Animation
- What a VFX Producer does, exactly, read this blog post
- Seven Rules to Start Your Own Animation Business
- 16 Rules of Animation Freelancing
- How to Invoice a Client
- Eight Rules to Survive as a Freelance Animator
- Sole Trader -vs- Limited Company – which is best?
- Questions for your Client on Your First Freelance Job
- Producing Animation with Steve Burch
- What Does an Animation Producer Do, Exactly?
- Michael O’Sullivan Explains “The Art of The Pitch”
- Producing Animation by Zahra Dowlatabadi