Congratulations to the makers of the short VFX film “iCare“, which has won two festival awards: “Best Student Filmmaker” and “Best Director” at the Eastern Europe Film Festival.
iCare | Student Short Film – Escape Studios from Bruno Urzì on Vimeo.
“iCare” is one of the latest short VFX films created by our third year animation and vfx students at Escape Studios. Directed by Bruno Urzi and produced by Alex Sellen, iCare was a collaboration between undergraduate animation and vfx students, working together to create an original story. Studio projects such as this one are part of what we call The Escape Method – bringing together students with multiple talents to work in teams and produce an industry-quality outcome.
iCare tells the story of a care robot who looks after an elderly woman, played by Sara Wilson-Soppitt. The short was directed by Bruno Urzi and produced by Alex Sellen.
- Sara Wilson-Soppitt – Lonely Lady
- Bruno Urzi – Director, Assistant Producer, 2D Compositor, VFX Editor
- Alex Sellen – Producer, Assistant Director
- Wiktor Brodowski – Lead Animator
- Jane Williams – 2D Lead
- Matdawna Jn Philip – Rigger, Animator
- Sebastian Petre – Rigger
- Noemie Lafrontiere – Animator
- Jessa Timog-Santiago – Animator
- Andy Ramlika – Compositor
- Jake Roberts – 3D Lead
- Gino Demurtas – 3D Modeling, Scanning Lead
- Owen Manley – 3D Modeling
- Clement Gharini – Cinematography
- Lorenzo Pelli – Original Score
- Marco Giannini – Sound Design
iCare was overseen by four tutors at Escape Studios, offering expertise in 3D VFX, animation, and 2D Compositing.
Scene from iCare
Paul Harrison – Animation, Rigging
- Sokratis Synitos – 2D Compositing
- Steven Lall – Animation, general 3D skills
- Sagar Rathod – 3D Skills & Animation
- Best Student Film at the 8 1/2 Film Awards
- Best Student Filmmaker and Best Director at the Eastern Europe Film Festival