Congratulations to the makers of “Game Knight“, which has won a “Special Award” for “Best VFX” at the Eastern Europe Film Awards.
Directed by Wyndham Brunt and produced by Christopher Marsden-Carleton,
Game Knight was a collaboration between undergraduate VFX and animation students. This is its third festival award.
You can watch Game Knight below:
“Game Knight” is a short VFX film created by our third year VFX and animation students at Escape Studios. Directed by Wyndham Brunt and produced by Christopher Marsden-Carleton, Game Knight was a collaboration between undergraduate animation and vfx students, working together to create an original story.
Studio projects such as this one are part of what we call The Escape Method – bringing together students with multiple talents to work in teams and produce an industry-quality outcome.
Game Knight Credits
- Wyndham Brunt – Director, 3D Artist, Writer
- Christopher Marsden-Carleton – Producer, Rigger, Animator
- Alex Maynard – Co-Producer, Animator
- Guang Quan Thor – Animator, 3D Artist, Rigger
- Juliana Aczel – Art Director, Animator
- Mehdy Alaoui – Animator, Art Director
- Clement Gharini – Cinematography
- Kiran James – Animator, Rigger
- Miro Marshall – Compositor
- Matthew O’Reilly – Compositor
- Jane Williams – Compositor
- Ahmed Muktar – 3D Artist
- Mantas Norkus – 3D Artist
- Ajeevan Gopalapillai – 3D Artist
- Ken Weissman – Original Score
Game Knight was overseen by a number of tutors at Escape Studios, offering expertise in 3D VFX, animation, and 2D Compositing.
- Paul Harrison – Animation, Rigging
- Sokratis Synitos – 2D Compositing
- Steven Lall – Animation, general 3D skills
- Sagar Rathod – 3D Skills & Animation
- Best VFX at the Eastern Europe Film Awards
- Best Animation at the Milan Gold Awards
- Best Director – Short Film (Hon Mention) at the Future of Film Awards
Game Knight at IMDB
The Escape Studios VFX Blog offers a personal view on the art of visual effects.