Congratulations to the makers of “Mechamorphosis“, which has won Best Animated Short at the Dreamer’s International Festival.
Mechamorphosis was written and produced by Alberto Scotti and directed by Ilaria Colavito, both of who are now working as Studio Assistants at Escape Studios.
Animation was completed by Steven Lall. Hélios Lyons did the sound design and composed the original music. The project was overseen by Head of Animation Michael Davies.
“Mechamorphosis” was the graduation project of Escape Studios student Alberto Scotti, who has been completed his Master’s Degree in the Art of Visual Effects (3D VFX) at Escape Studios.
Mechamorphosis – 2022 from Alberto Scotti on Vimeo.
Mechamorphosis – Credits
- Alberto Scotti Writer, Producer, Skin and Flesh FX, Groom and Rigging.
- Ilaria Colavito – Director, Modeling, Texturing, Look Dev and Layout
- Steven Lall – animation
- Hélios Lyons – Sound design and music
- Michael Davies – Special Thanks
|Mechamorphosis: Best VFX (Hon Mention) in Tokyo|
Mechamorphosis was animated in Autodesk Maya, and edited in Adobe Premiere.
Mechamorphosis has won many awards:
- Best Animated Short at the Dreamer’s International Amateur Festival
- 3 Stars Award at the British International Amateur Film Festival
- Best Visual Effects at the Future of Film Awards
- Best VFX at the Art Film Awards
- Best VFX at the Athens Film Fstival
- Honourable Mention in the category of Best Visual Effects at the Tokyo International Film Festival
Mechamorphosis at the IMDB
You can find Mechamorphosis at the IMDB here.
The Escape Studios VFX Blog offers a personal view on the art of visual effects.