To help explain the importance of the compositing and finishing departments in a VFX studio, we have invited some artists and recruiters from Industrial Light & Magic to a virtual Careers Evening on 11th November. The free online event will be a discussion between ILM’s artists and our industry-experienced tutors on the career opportunities within the compositing discipline.
Guest speakers include:
- Davi Stein – Technical Trainer at Industrial Light & Magic (formerly Head of 2D at Escape Studios)
- Amy Backwell – Emerging Talent Specialist at Industrial Light & Magic
- Sam Dawes – Paint Supervisor at Industrial Light & Magic
Escape Studios speakers include:
- Klaudija Cermak – Compositing tutor. Her recent credits include Black Mirror, Britannia, Captain America.
- Allar Kaasik – Senior Compositing Tutor. He headed up the VFX editorial department at Realise Studios and does research work in computer vision, natural and artificial intelligence, brain-computer interfaces.
- Sokratis Synitos – Compositing Tutor. His credits include Doctor Who and Avengers: Endgame.
When? Wednesday 11th November, 2020, 5.30pm GMT
More info and (free) registration here: