|Introduction to The Light Wins Best VFX at AFA|
Congratulations to the makers of “Introduction to the Light“, which has won Best VFX at the Art Film Awards
Written and directed by Escapee Mattia Binda, with cinematography by Samuele Bogni, “Introduction to the Light“ is a visual poem and experimental animation.
Mattia Binda took our MA in VFX Production at Escape Studios, learning the art and craft of visual effects film-making. This is the third festival award for “Introduction to the Light“.
“Introduction to the Light”
You can watch “Introduction to the Light” at Vimeo below:
Introduction to the Light – a CG short from Mattia Binda on Vimeo.
Introduction to The Light
Introduction to the Light represents a departure from much of the work done recently at Escape Studios, exploring a non-narrative style of animation.
“Introduction to the Light“ has won
- Best VFX at the Art Film Awards
- Best VFX at the London International Film Festival
- Best VFX at the Onyko Film Awards
|Introduction to the Light|
- Autodesk Maya – to model and UV most of the objects. Everything was rendered in Arnold.
- SideFX Houdini – to create the flowers, water simulations, particle simulations, rigid body simulations, Ema plaques strings, and the Shimenawa (large rope on the temple).
- Substance Painter – to create all textures (except for the Shimenawa, which uses a procedural shader)
- 3De4 – for tracking
- Nuke by Foundry – colour correction and compositing
- Adobe Premiere – for editing and sound
- After Effects – fixes via Dynamic Link
MA in VFX Production at Escape Studios, learning the art and craft of visual effects film-making. To find out more, follow this link.
The Escape Studios Animation Blog offers a personal view on the art of animation and visual effects. To apply for our BA/MArt starting in September 2022, follow this link.