Congratulations to the makers of “Post Mortem“, the VFX short produced at Escape Studios, which has won Best VFX at the Athens International Film Festival.
Post Mortem was directed by Toby Haslam and Ridma Suriyagoda, and produced by Aidan Callaghan.
Post Mortem takes place in a futuristic secure facility, where a surgeon performs an autopsy on a mysterious patient.
This is Post Mortem‘s second festival award.
You can watch Post Mortem below:
Post Mortem was created as part of a third-year VFX project by our students studying the Art of VFX. The film was directed by Toby Haslam and Ridma Suriyagoda, and produced by Aidan Callaghan.
Post Mortem is set in a secure facility, where a surgeon performs an autopsy on a mysterious patient. As we travel through the operating theatre, we realise the patient is rather less human than it first appeared.
Third Year Group Project
Group project work at Escape Studios aims to reproduce as closely as possible the real-world experience of working in a VFX studio.
“Post Mortem” Credits
Post Mortem was completed by a team of Eleven VFX artists, working together to create a short film.
- Toby Haslam – Director, composer
- Ridma Suriyagoda – Director
- Aidan Callaghan – Producer, 3D Lead
- Scott Middleton – 2D Lead
- Mason Hilligen – 3D Artist, FX Artist
- Amandeep Kukreja – 3D Artist
- Daniel Di Stasi – 3D Artist, FX Artist
- Koren Morgan – 2D Artist, Editor
- Will Moss – 2D Artist, Editor
- Safa Alkassab – 2D Artist
- Rahul Karavadra – 2D Artist
Post Mortem has already won:
You can find Post Mortem at the IMDB here.
The Escape Studios VFX Blog offers a personal view on the art of visual effects.