Congratulations to the makers of “Our Ocean“, which has won an award for “Best First-Time Director” at the Halicarnassus Film Festival.
You can watch “Our Ocean” at YouTube below:
Our Ocean was created by our fourth year animation and vfx students, studying the Art of Computer Animation and VFX, collaborating together to reproduce (as closely as possible) the workings of a live industry production brief.
Dex and Troy are young sea turtles attending the 500th Anniversary of the Fish City Festival, an annual underwater celebration where they meet their angel fish friend Maya. Tragically, careless human activity from above threatens the festival with catastrophe.
- Priya Shah – Writer, Director, Co-Producer, Art Director, Storyboard Artist, Concept Art
- Ethen Dent – Producer, 3D Modelling
- Paulette Vassell – Music
- Jack Devereux – Editor, Animator
- Jessica Hiles – Technical Director, Animator, Rigging
- George Morris – Unreal Engine TD, Lighting & Rendering
- Mahamud Usman – 3D Lead
- Sonya Ivanova – Creature TD
- Austin Hill – Storyboards
- Tsvetelina Kumanova – Concept Artist
- Lucy Harris – Concept Artist
- Giorgos Konstantinou – Animator
- Zoe Walker – Animator
- Alex Maynard – Animator
- Tom Perry – Rigging
|Our Ocean wins Critic’s Choice Award in Singapore|
Our Ocean has won:
- Best 1st-Time Director at Halicarnassus
- Best Micro Short at Vesuvius Film Festival
- Outstanding Achievement Award at the Calcutta International Cult Film Festival
- Critic’s Choice Award for Best Student Film at the World Film Carnival in Singapore.
The Escape Studios VFX Blog offers a personal view on the art of visual effects.