Escape Studios is proud to present “Papercut“, the latest short film created by our animation and VFX students at Escape Studios. Directed by Giorgos Konstantinou and produced by Victoria Arraez, Papercut was a collaboration between 3rd year undergraduate animation and vfx students, working together to create an original short film. Studio projects such as this one are part of what we call The Escape Method – bringing together students with multiple talents to work in teams and produce an industry-quality outcome.
Papercut is a short story about two paper figurines that come to life. Directed by Giorgos Konstantinou and produced by Victoria Arraez, Papercut was a collaboration between undergraduate animation and vfx students, working together to create an original story as part of the 3rd year VFX Project.
The live action shoot, filmed by our in-house DOP Clement Gharini, took place at London Fine Art Studio at Battersea.
Papercut was animated in Maya, edited in Premiere, and rendered in Arnold. Compositing was completed in Nuke.
- Giorgos Konstantinou – Director, Animator
- Victoria Arraez – Producer, 2D Comp
- Anthony Sarmiento – Animation Lead, Previs Artist, Sound Design, Editor
- Ellen Hughes – Art Director, Concept Art, Animator
- Muhaddissa Hasham – VFX Supervisor, 2D Comp
- Fiorella Bechtle – 2D Lead.3D Modeller, Sounds Design
- Enrico Vaccari – Technical Director, Modeller, Look Dev, Texturing
- Lorenzo Pelli – Original Music
- Clement Gharini – Cinematography
- Amy Husted – Storyboards, Animator, Rigging
- Llewelyn Whitney – Animator
- Ethan Smith – Modeller, Rigging
- Paul Harrison – Rigging
- Harry Dallimore – Sound Design, Texturing, Modelling
- Meah Materego-Wardeck – Lighting Artist, Animator
Escape Studios Supervising Tutors
Papercut at YouTube