Congratulations to the makers of “Papercut“, the VFX short film created by our VFX and Animation students at Escape Studios, which has won “Best Micro Short at the Vesuvius Film Festival.
Directed by Giorgos Konstantinou and produced by Victoria Arraez, Papercut was a collaboration between 3rd year undergraduate animation and vfx students, working together to create an original short film.
Papercut is a short story about two paper figurines that come to life.
The live action shoot, filmed by our in-house DOP Clement Gharini, took place at London Fine Art Studio in Battersea.
- Giorgos Konstantinou – Director, Animator
- Victoria Arraez – Producer, 2D Comp
- Anthony Sarmiento – Animation Lead, Previs Artist, Sound Design, Editor
- Ellen Hughes – Art Director, Concept Art, Animator
- Muhaddissa Hasham – VFX Supervisor, 2D Comp
- Fiorella Bechtle – 2D Lead, 3D Modeller, Sound Design
- Enrico Vaccari – Technical Director, Modeller, Look Dev, Texturing
- Lorenzo Pelli – Original Music
- Clement Gharini – Cinematography
- Amy Husted – Storyboards, Animator, Rigging
- Llewelyn Whitney – Animator
- Ethan Smith – Modeller, Rigging
- Paul Harrison – Rigging
- Harry Dallimore – Sound Design, Texturing, Modelling
- Meah Materego-Wardeck – Lighting Artist, Animator
Escape Studios Supervising Tutors
Papercut was overseen by a number of tutors at Escape Studios, offering expertise in 3D VFX, animation, and 2D Compositing.
- Paul Harrison – Animation, Rigging
- Sokratis Synitos – 2D Compositing
- Steven Lall – Animation, general 3D skills
- Sagar Rathod – 3D Skills & Animation
You can find Papercut at the IMDB.
Papercut at YouTube