Many congratulations to the makers of the VFX short “Tech Troubles“, which has won the award for “Best SciFi” at Future of Film Awards
Directed by David Akinyose and produced by Louis Gaffney, Tech Troubles was a collaboration between undergraduate animation and vfx students, working together to create an original story.
The original score was composed by Ben Salwey.
Tech Troubles was directed by David Akinyose and produced by Louis Gaffney. Henry Claud N’Guetta was the editor and also the 2D Lead; James Bennet was the 3D Lead. Art direction was by Eren Arnold.
- David Akinyose – Director, Animator
- Louis Gaffney – Producer, 3D VFX
- James Bennet – 3D VFX Lead
- Henry Claud N’Guetta – 2D Lead, Editor, 2D VFX
- Iulineia Filip – Storyboard Artist, Animator
- Eren Arnold – Art Director, Animator
- Zoe Walker – Assistant Producer, Animator
- Ben Salwey – Original Score
- Danish Adeem – Animator
- Anand Sembhi – Animator
- Ishmail Kargbo – 2D VFX
- Samuel Parrado – 3D VFX
- Jamie Bennet – 3D VFX
- Keshava Walcott – 3D VFX
Tech Troubles was overseen by four tutors at Escape Studios, offering expertise in 3D VFX, animation, and 2D Compositing.
- Paul Harrison – Animation, Rigging
- Sokratis Synitos – 2D Compositing
- Steven Lall – Animation, general 3D skills
- Sagar Rathod – 3D Skills & Animation
You can find Tech Troubles at the IMDB here:
- Best SciFi at Future of Film Awards
- 5 Stars Award at the BIAFF
- Honourable Mention in the category of Best Score at the Milan Gold Awards.