|Shimmer wins Best VFX at EEFF|
Shimmer is a “tale of love and illumination”, in which two glass figurines come to life. It was created by our 3rd year animation and VFX students working together as part of a studio project, in which students collaborate to produce a short film.
Shimmer was created as part of PR6001, a Studio Module in which animation and VFX students join forces to create a VFX project over 12 weeks. Animation was completed in Maya, editing was done in Premiere, and rendering was done in Arnold. “Shimmer“ was directed by Will Moss and produced by Aidan Callaghan.
Will Moss – Director, 2D Artist
- Aidan Callaghan – Producer, VFX Producer, 3D Artist
- Clement Gharini – Director of Photography
- Oliver Gallagher – Animation Lead
- Toby Haslam – 3D Lead
- Lily Barber – 2D Lead
- Amandepp Kukreja – 3D Artist
- Andre Silva – 2D Artist
- Joshua Fernandez – 2D Artist
- Luca Weller-Dawbarn – 2D Artist
- Ekeoma Amuchie – Animator
- David Akinyose – Animator
- Harrison Bell – Animator
- Molly McCabe – Animator
- Svetelina Kumanova – Animator
You can find Shimmer at the IMDB here.
|Best Animated Film in Milan|
This is the fifth festival award for Shimmer
- Best VFX at the Eastern Europe Film Festival
- Best VFX at the London International Film Awards
- Best Animated Film at the Milan Gold Awards
- Best VFX at the HEI Fest
- Honourable Mention in the category of “Best First Time Director” at the Art Film Awards. .
- “Best VFX” at the Athens International Film Festival (AIMFF)
- “Best Creative” at the Halicarnassus Film Festival.