|Introduction to the Light: Excellence Award at The Rookies|
Congratulations to Mattia Binda, director of “Introduction to the Light“, who has won an Excellence Award at The Rookies.
Written and directed by Escapee Mattia Binda, with cinematography by Samuele Bogni, “Introduction to the Light“ is a visual poem and experimental animation. “Introduction to the Light” has won a number of festival awards.
“Introduction to the Light”
You can watch “Introduction to the Light” at Vimeo below:
Introduction to the Light – a CG short from Mattia Binda on Vimeo.
Mattia Binda took our MA in VFX Production at Escape Studios, learning the art and craft of visual effects film-making.
Introduction to the Light represents a departure from much of the work done recently at Escape Studios, exploring a non-narrative style of animation.
You can see Introduction to the Light and Mattia’s personal portfolio of work at The Rookies here.
“Introduction to the Light“ has also won
|Introduction to the Light|
- Autodesk Maya – to model and UV most of the objects. Everything was rendered in Arnold.
- SideFX Houdini – to create the flowers, water simulations, particle simulations, rigid body simulations, Ema plaques strings, and the Shimenawa (large rope on the temple).
- Substance Painter – to create all textures (except for the Shimenawa, which uses a procedural shader)
- 3De4 – for tracking
- Nuke by Foundry – colour correction and compositing
- Adobe Premiere – for editing and sound
- After Effects – fixes via Dynamic Link
MA in VFX Production at Escape Studios, learning the art and craft of visual effects film-making. To find out more, follow this link.
The Escape Studios VFX Blog offers a personal view on the art of visual effects. To apply for our BA/MArt starting in September 2022, follow this link.