|Introduction to the Light: Excellence Award at The Rookies|
Written and directed by Escapee Mattia Binda, with cinematography by Samuele Bogni, “Introduction to the Light“ is a visual poem and experimental animation. “Introduction to the Light” has won a number of festival awards.
“Introduction to the Light”
You can watch “Introduction to the Light” at Vimeo below:
Mattia Binda took our MA in VFX Production at Escape Studios, learning the art and craft of visual effects film-making.
Introduction to the Light represents a departure from much of the work done recently at Escape Studios, exploring a non-narrative style of animation.
“Introduction to the Light“ has also won
|Introduction to the Light|
- Autodesk Maya – to model and UV most of the objects. Everything was rendered in Arnold.
- SideFX Houdini – to create the flowers, water simulations, particle simulations, rigid body simulations, Ema plaques strings, and the Shimenawa (large rope on the temple).
- Substance Painter – to create all textures (except for the Shimenawa, which uses a procedural shader)
- 3De4 – for tracking
- Nuke by Foundry – colour correction and compositing
- Adobe Premiere – for editing and sound
- After Effects – fixes via Dynamic Link
MA in VFX Production at Escape Studios, learning the art and craft of visual effects film-making. To find out more, follow this link.
The Escape Studios VFX Blog offers a personal view on the art of visual effects. To apply for our BA/MArt starting in September 2022, follow this link.