“Peer Observation” at Escape Studios is part of the process of making sure that we are delivering the best possible classes to our students.
“Peer Obs” is about staff development, sharing of best practice, enhancing teaching quality and generally keeping us all on our toes.
Each tutor at Escape Studios should make sure that in any given academic year they observe at least one colleague teaching, and also make sure that they themselves are observed at least once.
|Michael Davies teaching at Escape Studios|
Peer observation is an annual requirement for all our tutors. Its purpose is to:
- Offer tutors the opportunity to reflect on their teaching practice
- Provide tutors with constructive feedback from their peers
- Identify areas of good practice
- Identify areas that can be improved
- Monitor and improve the standard of teaching.
How Peer Obs Works